Sunday 22 November 2015

Tying Gele Myself

You guys already know i love weddings. I love playing dressup and getting my face beat and effritin on fleek. lol. The look is neva quite complete though without a 'gele' (headtie) adorning my head, the beautiful piece that brings the whole look together, whether aso-oke, sego, net, etc. I love how the 'gele' can take my look from basic to diva, whenever i'm in a traditional attire, that being said, tying gele is not an easy something! 
Without Gele
With Gele
Look is just not complete without a Gele
You have to have had some practice to get the fabric into pleats and then properly lined up, it is also quite an arm workout achieving this feat. This is why the majority of women would rather stop by a makeup studio, on their way to the wedding ceremony, to have it tied for them or get someone come over and do the tying. This service usually costs between N500 to N2000, for me anyway, and when it's on the higher end it honestly pains me to give out this money; so i decided it was time to learn to get it done myself, instead of sulking everytime i had to get my gele tied.
Tying this Gele cost N2000
Where would i learn this skill for free? i have had a number of failed attempts trying to freestyle. My beloved YouTube of course! Same place i learnt how to get my makeup on point and a couple of other things, the only thing i had to sacrifice was my data and it was worth it. I got to work searching for videos and downloaded the relevant ones, up next was practising. I started practising with my softest gele fabric then tried my hands on my 'Sego gele' and rocked it to an event. Everyone said i did a good job. *big grin* Next up will be 'aso-oke', i'll let you know how that goes, in the meantime i'll keep practising armed with pins *wink. I must say, tying gele is quite an arm workout. 
Below are pics of the gele i tied after watching vids & practising. i tried ba *wink
Tied myself (1st attempt)
Free of charge (DIY) :D
2nd attempt
3rd attempt
3rd attempt (ma fave so far)

Disclaimer: I am not this fresh in reality o, I wish! Na camera, lighting and editing help my condition. lol.
Here's my fave Youtube Channel (Chichichikito) with all the info on how to tie different styles and types of gele. I hope you find this post useful and inspires a DIY gele so you can stop doling out cash for this service like i have. 
Toodles!XooX
Please Share it! :)

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha @ not this fresh in reality! You really tried! I went for a wedding on Saturday with Hubby and had to tie my gele myself- it wasn't great but at least I was amazeballs in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dts d koko my dear!as long as u look good in it and with more practice we'll get better. Tnx dear. Its true na, wish i was fresh like dis

      Delete
  2. Oh! and your wedding earrings are simply awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello,

    If you want to go into business, there are so many company platform this days
    like www.virtatrade.com that can enable you to raise the funds you need to start up your
    business without you seeking for a loan

    This company platform is where so many business dealers from different part of the
    world raise funds to backup there various business financially

    I use this company platform to backup my cocoa beans export business each time am
    running loss financially

    You can visit and register with the company website here wwww.virtatrade.com to raise
    the funds you need to start up your business now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...